- Freedom to pursue goals and dreams (short & long term)
- Increased academic achievement
- Understanding the value of commitment
- Personal responsibility development
- Freedom from HIV/STDs, pregnancy, and emotional consequences.
- Poverty Prevention
- Protection from abusive relationships
- Healthy relationships
- Understanding and developing personal boundaries
- Conflict resolution skills
- Refusal skills that apply to any high risk behavior
- Effective communication skills
POSSIBLE NEGATIVE CONSQUENCES
- Regret and guilt
- Impaired personal development
- Fear of future relationships
- Lowered self-esteem
RESISTING NEGATIVE PRESSURES
- Cyber bullying
- Internet predators
- Social media - dangers of facebook, Instagram and Snap Chat
- Hormonal urges
- Influence of drug and alcohol
- Parents are the primary sexual educators of their children.
- It's helpful for the parent to have the same language that YW8 uses in the classroom to communicate with their teen.
- Educate the parents on the risks of early sexual activity and other high risk behaviors
- Provides parents with skills to communicate with their teen
- Every lesson contains a parent communication component with topics to increase conversations between parents and teens.